Friday, January 12, 2024

Ray Crone Return

I feel like I was lucky to get this one back.  Mr. Crone returned it in his own envelope and stamp with a note that the flap on my envelope was torn off.  I'm not sure if it got destroyed in the mail, or when he opened it.  Regardless, it was very nice of him to take the time to send it back.  I had enclosed an extra 1956 Topps for him to keep, which he did.

In addition to signing my 1956 Topps, 1958 Topps and 1958 Topps Giants team cards, he included his own picture of him and Babe Ruth at the Miami airport.  He didn't sign this picture, but he did write the description on it.  I might send me a small box with some stamps, envelopes and pens as a thank you for this return and for all of his returns.  He's a very generous signer.




He signed some Johnston Cookies cards for me in the past.  Despite their cost, I like getting these oddball cards signed.




No comments: