Friday, February 24, 2023

Rod Carew, Goose Gossage and Mickey Rivers

The ttm returns have been slow but should pick up next week.  Today, I only received one return.  Rich "Goose" Gossage signed his 1975 Topps for his $10 fee.  I sent this at the beginning of January.

I received a 1973 Topps signed by Rod Carew and slabbed by Beckett from Mill Creek via their web site.

Finally, I received four cards signed by Mickey Rivers that I bought from Tom Orr (Atommic Sports) on eBay.  I bought these for just over $5 each, whereas Mr. Rivers charges $15 per card ttm.  I was surprised that no one else bid on the three of the four auctions.  Each of these cards belongs to a set I'm working on.






2 comments:

Crocodile said...

$5 seems like steal for those auto's. Does Gossage not ad the HOF inscription or was that extra?

Droidtrader said...

I thought they were a steal too!

Gossage has never added his HOF inscription when I've included $10, but I've also never requested it. Sometimes he'll add his jersey number. From the comments on SCN, some have noted they added an additional $10 for his HOF inscription, but others noted they received it without additional fees. Maybe he'll add it if you ask for it, but if it's important to you, I'd suggest adding another $10 as well as specifically request it.