Tuesday, February 21, 2023

More TTM, Purchases and Mail-In Signings

In 2019, Al Kaline signed this 2010 Topps Heritage "Then & Now" card ttm for me.  He passed away in 2020.  The card sat on my desk until about a month ago, when I saw there was a signing with Joe Mauer from a promoter I had used several times before.

I was a little worried it would get smeared, lost in the mail, bent, etc, but it turned out just fine.

I also ordered a Gold Glove ball from the signing.  I expect Mauer to be a Hall of Famer in the next few years, so I thought I'd pay the price now rather than 2x the price after he gets elected.

I received a couple Topps Heritage Real One Autograph cards on eBay, including a 2018 Zack Granite and a 2022 Neslon Cruz.  This is my only Nelson Cruz autograph.  I'd like to get a Twins Heritage card signed by him from his time with the Twins.


I got back three ttm returns today.

Al Downing signed the 1965 Topps strikeout leaders card, signed and smeared by Camilo Pascual.  I decided it wasn't so bad that I coujldn't send it to Downing, but if Dean Chance were around to finish the card, I would probably have tried to start a different card to have a nicely completed copy.

He also signed his 1975 Topps.

Mr. Downing has a fee of $7.50, which is genius.  Not many people are going to send him $7.50.  They'll probably do I like did and find another card to send in order to make it easier to include cash.  I sent $15 with my request.

Brooks Robinson signed the 1972 Topps Orioles team card.  I think this completes the team cards that I want to have Mr. Robinson sign, but maybe I'll send the '73.

Finally, Marty Keough generously signed his 1961 Topps, as well as a few team cards.  I have several other requests waiting for this return so I can send the team cards on to other players.  I'm making pretty good progress on the 1961 Indians card which has six signatures so far:

  1. Dick Stigman
  2. Ted Bowsfield
  3. Frank Funk
  4. Marty Keough
  5. Ty Cline
  6. Ken Aspromonte







I've decided the 1958 team cards are really bad for autographs.  I like how the card lists the players on the front, but it takes up too much room.  The 1972 cards are bad too.  The 1963 Topps team cards have some pretty good spots for signatures and the 61's aren't bad either.

No comments: