Friday, July 15, 2022

Some TTM and a Private Signing Return

I received four ttm and one private signing return today.

The private signing was with Rico Petrocelli.  I was really surprised that I ended up sending in six cards for this signing, but Mr. Petrocelli has a bunch of cards that fit in my collection.

He has a 1966 card with the Topps All Star Rookie Trophy on it, a 1968 card commemorating game six of the 1967 World Series, an All Star card in the 1970 Topps set, and individual cards from 1971 to 1973 for my sets.  I had sent in his 1965 Topps rookie card, but the promoter wasn't aware of the fact that Rico has an exclusive contract with someone to sign rookie cards.  To compensate me, the promoter refunded me the $12 per card fee, and also enclosed the 1971 Topps (which I already had).  I felt this was more than fair.






Rich McKinney signed his 1971 and 1973 Topps as well as the 1971 Topps White Sox team card.



I sent yet another card to Bill Mazeroski.  This time, it was a 1959 Topps All Star card.

I have a plan to send another item to Mr. Mazeroski, but I'm not going into detail in case it's a miserable failure.  I'm not sure what his reaction will be, but I'm hoping to save a lot in fees versus sending this item to a paid signing.

Davey Johnson signed his 1973 and 1975 Topps for his $5 per card fee.  I really like the action photos in the 73 set.  He also answered some questions in my letter and signed it.


Finally, Brent Strom signed his 1973, 1974, 1975 and 1977 Topps.




No comments: