Friday, July 22, 2022

Darrell Evans TTM Return

The ever-generous Darrell Evans signed four more cards for my collection, including his 1973, 1980, 1985 and 1987 Topps.  I'm surprised I hadn't sent the 73 sooner, as I'm running out of free signers to send to from that set, but better late than never,




I bought Juan Marichal's 1961 Topps rookie card on eBay last night.  I've been wanting one for a long time, but the cost was holding me back.  I decided I'd regret it if I never got this signed, like I regret not getting Kaline on a 54 Topps.  This one was much cheaper than Kaline's, and I used some credit card points to lower the cost some more.  I'll probably sent it ttm rather than wait for a signing, which should save me even more money, but adds a bit of risk to it getting done correctly.  He is a reliable signer and has always used a blue sharpie on my ttm requests, but maybe I'll send him one just to be sure.

No comments: