Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Kyle Garlick and Tony LaRussa Returns

Today I received two returns from people active in the game.

Kyle Garlick signed two of his 2021 Topps Heritage cards for me.  I think this is the only Heritage card of his in a Twins uniform.  He is shown in a Phillies uniform in the 2020 set and didn't get a card in the 2022 set.


I also received a return from White Sox Manager Tony LaRussa, who signed his 2008 Topps Heritage All Star card.  This set copies the 1959 Topps design, and I've gotten a couple of these vintage cards back recently, including Bill Mazeroski and Orlando Cepeda.

Like my last request to Mr. LaRussa, it was postmarked from Minneapolis, which made me wonder if I'd actually get back a return from Justin Morneau, but then I remembered that the White Sox were just in town (and beat up the Twins pretty badly).  I'm impressed that he signs his mail.  He must be busy enough managing a team and all the travel associated with that.  He must have people to help him out with it especially if he takes his fan mail on the road.  It's pretty impressive and greatly appreciated!  Now what should I sent him? :-)


1 comment:

Rich B. said...

I saw Tony LaRussa at the Austin airport in 2017 and thanked him for signing my t.t.m. years earlier. He was on his way to Dan Baylor's funeral. I was able to shake Tony's hand.