Saturday, July 30, 2022

Jim Geddes and Roger Metzger Returns

I received two returns today to close out the month.

Jim Geddes signed his 1973 Topps in just nine days.  I believe this is his only card, and it's in the high number series for the set.  I added this card to my collection when I bought the near-complete set a few weeks ago.

And Roger Metzger signed his 1975, 1976, 1979 and 1980 Topps after a six-week wait.  My previous request to Mr. Metzger was in 2010, when he also signed four cards for me in a couple days shy of six weeks. 




I still have about 30 requests out from the last two months that I could reasonably expect to receive back any day, including some more unusual items from a couple Hall of Famers.  I'm also waiting on some cards back from mail-in signings that were originally scheduled to be complete a few months ago but were delayed.   I'm anxious to get those back as there are some Topps All Star Rookie cards included in those signings.

I hope to have some time tomorrow to write a few requests to get a good start to the month of August.

I overloaded a couple shelves in the Ikea armoires I use in my basement to store my cards.  The shelf pegs sort of stripped out of their holes and the shelves collapsed.  I ordered some shelf pegs that were a bit longer but required me to make the holes a bit bigger as well.  I completed that last night so hopefully it won't be a problem again.  It's surprising how heavy a few binders and boxes of cards can be! 

No comments: