Thursday, February 17, 2022

Several Returns Including a Couple Hall of Famers

My mail finally caught up to my Informed Delivery emails from the past couple of days.

Larry Dierker signed his 1965 and 1971 Topps for a small donation to a charity he supports.


Elliott Maddox signed his 1971 Topps for his $5 per card fee.

Jim Palmer signed his 1983 Topps for his $10 fee.


Lou Skizas signed his 1957 and 1959 Topps for me.  I sent these same cards to him a few years ago and for some reason he signed the back of the 57.  This time he signed the front.


Finally, I received a 1971 Topps back from the Nolan Ryan Foundation.  I sent this to them back at the end of November.  Mr. Ryan signs every few months.  I've had this card since I was kid.  I bought it in a stack of cards at a garage sale near my home.  I'm not sure how old I was.  Probably 8-10.  This purchase also included a couple 1973 Topps Pete Rose cards and a 1973 Topps Roberto Clemente.  For the longest time, these were the only cards I owned that were worth more than a nickel in the price guides.

1 comment:

Crocodile said...

Those are very nice. I didn't know Ryan would sign through his foundation. I had the chance to meet Palmer a few years back, and it cost me a lot more than $10 for his auto.