Sunday, January 01, 2012

Final Update on 2011 Collecting Goals

Overall, I think I did pretty well on the goals I set for 2011.  I don't think I'll be quite as ambitious in terms of quantity in 2012, but that's my next post.

Final update:


Send out 250 requests through the mail - I sent out exactly 250 requests this year.  That's my third-highest total since I started sending out requests in 2003.  I had some great returns, including Jim Bunning, Whitey Ford, and although not in the Hall of Fame category, Nick Punto, who is tough to get through the mail. 



 Reach 300 signed 1972 Topps cards - I ended the year at 323 signed cards from this set.  I had one fairly large purchase from Mickey's which probably made the difference, otherwise it would have been really close.



Add 5 more signed bobbleheads to my 1987 Twins bobblehead collection.  I added 4: George Frazier, Dan Schatzeder, Keith Atherton and Jeff Reardon. I didn't quite reach this goal this year.



Finish the 10 possible John Wheeldon portraits (out of 12) -   I got all I could except for Harmon Killebrew who passed away this year.  I really like this set and really wish I had gotten Killebrew's signed.  I doubt I'll ever find one of these signed by him.







Overall, this was a pretty good year.  However, we lost a lot of great retired players.  Duke Snider and Harmon Killebrew were two of the bigger names, but there were many more from that era that were great ttm signers such as Johnny Schmitz, Duane Pillette and Eddie Joost.

Next, I'll post my goals for 2012.

No comments: