Sunday, January 01, 2012

Collecting Goals for 2012

I'm not going to send out 250 requests this year.  I simply don't have that many items I want to send out, as the card sets I'm working on are getting to the point where there are fewer good signers left that I don't already have.  I'll continue to work on the '87 Twins bobblehead set, as well as the '91 Twins bobblehead set I bought in 2011.

2012 Collecting Goals
  • Send out 150 requests through the mail.  I hope to send some more premium items such as magazines and baseballs, as well as concentrate on players from the 1950's and '60's.
  • Get 3 more bobbleheads signed from the 1987 Twins set.  I only need Don Baylor, Randy Bush, Mark Davidson, Greg Gagne and Les Straker to complete the living players.  Gagne actually has two from the set since his first was sent out with him as left-handed, when he's actually right-handed.  They later sent out a correct version.  I'll get both signed.
  • Get 8 more bobbleheads signed from the 1991 Twins set.  I have 4 signed so far.  I might be able to get up to 5 signed at TwinsFest, so I'll shoot for 3 more beyond that.
  • Reach 400 signed 1972 Topps. I have 323 so far, so I'll need to add 77 more.  It's getting pretty tough and a little expensive.  There are some good signers in the set in the high numbers range that although they are common players, the cards cost $4-$10.
  • Additional sets - Add 5 more 1958 Topps (not including team cards), 15 more 1961 Topps and  10 more 1965 Topps.  Many of these will be paid signings or purchased since I have most of these sets so far.  I think the only living players from the 1958 set I don't have are Willie Mays and Sandy Koufax.
That's it for my goals, unless I come across a new project during the year.

What are your goals for the year?

1 comment:

Daniel Wilson said...

Awesome goals for 2012! Good luck!