Sunday, December 11, 2011

Catching Up - Two Days of Returns Including Jim Bunning

We were away for a couple of days but I came home to a few nice returns.

On Friday, I received a 1972 and 1973 Topps from Paul Casanova that I sent to him back in July.

 Also on Friday, I got back three 1972 Topps from Bill Melton, including his regular card, his "Boyhood Photos" card, and his "In Action" card.



On Saturday I received a 1961 Topps signed by Frank Sullivan.  I had enclosed $5 with my request.


I also received a 1958 Topps signed by Hall of Famer Jim Bunning.  Since retiring from the Senate, Mr. Bunning has been a great signer ttm.  I already have a '58 signed by Bunning that I sent out years ago, but it was signed in ballpoint.  I noticed he was recently signing in sharpie, so I decided to send again in hopes og upgrading.  This one looks nice.  Finding a decent '58 Topps of Bunning is difficult as they all seem to be printed poorly and mis-cut.


Finally, Roy Sievers signed a 1953 Topps for me.  Mr. Sievers has always been a great signer and thanks to his long career, has a lot of great cards spanning about 15 years.


The list of players who will be attending TwinsFest is now on the Twin's web site.  The list of current players is kind of weak.  Lot's of minor-leaguers and some guys I've never heard of.  There are some good names for returned players though.  The usual guys like Blyleven, Carew, Molitor, Morris, Oliva, Hrbek, Gladden, etc.  I'm sure I can find plenty to have these guys sign.  Some guys that I don't normally see there are also listed, including Kaat, Reardon, and Scott Erickson.  It looks like there will be seven players there from my 1991 bobblehead set so I'll make some good progress on getting those signed.

No comments: