Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Conley, Erskine and Naragon

A few nice returns today.  Gene Conley signed his 1956 and 1961 Topps for a $10 fee.  He also wrote a nice note in response to my letter and included information about his book.  Mr. Conley played in both for both MLB and the NBA.


Carl Erskine signed the 1958 Topps Dodgers team card.  He also included a signed Diamond Signatures card and wrote a short note thanking me for my interest on my letter.


Finally, Hal Naragon signed the 1958 Topps Indians team card.  While writing the letter to Mr. Naragon, I noticed that Roger Maris played with him on the Indians.  I never knew Maris played for any team other than the Yankees.  Mr. Naragon wrote a short response to my question regarding playing with Maris with very positive comments about him.


All three letters came with responses to my questions or short "thank yous" which is why writing to the retired players is so fun.

1 comment:

Play at the Plate said...

The TTMS are great, but those responses are the cool thing. Nice additions to your collection!