Monday, December 19, 2011

Bob Watson and Bob Cerv Returns

I mailed out four more requests to hit my goal of 250 requests for the year.  I bought about 30 more cards on Ebay a few days ago but I don't know if I'll send those out this year.  I need to turn my attention to TwinsFest and make sure I have enough cards and pictures for that weekend.  I also need to do a little research about all the names listed on the Twins site of players that will be there that I've never heard of.  I'm assuming most of them are minor leaguers.

Today I got back a couple of nice returns.  Bob Watson returned his 1972 Topps signed in black sharpie and also write a brief note and signed my letter.  Watson is now a VP with Major League Baseball.


I also got back a 1953 Topps signed by Bob Cerv.  I included $5 with my request.  I don't think Cerv is exactly a household name, but he had quite an impressive career. His best season was 1958.  That year he had a .305 batting average and hit 38 home runs with 104 RBI.

1 comment:

The King said...

If you haven't seen it, I definitely suggest watching Billy Crystal's '61*' about the home run chase between Mantle and Maris. Cerv was their roommate during the season and is portrayed fairly well.