Friday, June 03, 2011

Jim Holt, Carl Erskine, Jim Bunning and Some Purchases

My son and I got some nice returns today.

First, I received a 1956 Topps signed by Carl Erskine.  I had asked him in my letter if I could send a ball for him to sign.  He wrote a short note that it would be fine and letting me know there would be no fee, but he would appreciate it if I would support the Special Olympics.


Next, Jim Holt signed the 1971, 1972 and 1973 Topps I sent him.  He also enclosed a signed 1975 SSPC card for me.





My son received a 1958 Topps signed by Jim Bunning.  This is a great return since Mr. Bunning has been a tough autograph to get over the last year or so but has recently begun signing again.


I also received a few purchases I made recently.  I bought four cards from a seller on eBay, including a 1965 Don Nottebart and 1972 Topps signed by Jeff Torborg, Gene Mauch and Rich Hand.





I also received a 1965 Topps signed by Zoilo Versalles that I bought from a member on SCN that is selling a collection for a friend.

No comments: