Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thanks For The Taco, Jason

Did you get your free taco today? We did. Taco Bell ran a promotion where if a base was stolen during the World Series, everyone in America would get a free taco. Jason Bartlett stole second in the bottom of the 5th inning in game 1. All you had to do was stop in to Taco Bell between 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm today, and ask for your free taco. So, after work today, I met my wife and sons at Taco Bell and we had dinner. Of course, we bought additional items as well.

This was especially fun for my kids since they really like Jason Bartlett. We've gotten his autograph several times. Here's my older son with Jason at a signing at Dick's Sporting Goods. It seems most of my pictures lately have been from signings at Dick's.

Today in the mail I got back my request to Carl Scheib. I mentioned a few days ago that I got it back unsigned as I forgot to add his fee. I sent it back with his fee and he signed my 1954 Topps, along with a couple of signed reprint cards which was very nice of him.

1 comment:

Protector of Vintage said...

Darn! I missed the free tacos!!