Tuesday, January 03, 2023

First Returns of 2023: Jack Curtis and Larry Stahl

I sent out a handful of requests to kick off the year and also received two.

Jack Curtis signed his 1961 Topps high number card as well as the Braves and Cubs team cards from 1963.  It looks like he had some issue with the pen on the Cubs card, which unfortunately, I've seen a lot of lately.



Larry Stahl signed his 1971 Topps high number card, as well as the 1965 Athletics and 1971 through 1973 Padres team cards.




His individual card from 1971 is a nice upgrade to the one he signed for me previously, for both the card itself, as well as his signature.

As I start 2023, I plan to keep my spending under control as much as possible.  I'm going to try to limit my private signing participation to either bargain prices, or for items/players to help me with some of my more important sets, such as the 1991 Twins World Series poster set, for example.  I bring up this specific example because there is a Chili Davis signing soon that I will be sending in to.

I have a lot of cards and baseballs as well as over 400 stamps, so I should be able to keep busy without spending too much for a while.  I plan to continue to focus on some vintage team cards, and some of my sets such as the 1975, 1978 and 1983 Topps sets, and can include cards from other years with those requests, such as 1976, 1979, 1980, 1985, etc., etc.

I hope to add at least a handful of signed baseballs to my collection and have a dozen or so unsigned balls around here somewhere to get me strarted.

No comments: