Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Trade: 1975 Topps Dave Winfield

About 10 years ago, I bought a 16x20 photo signed by Reggie Bush.  I don't know why.  I must have thought it was a really good deal.  I paid about $39 including shipping.

It immediately went in my closet and stayed there until a couple weeks ago when I was looking through the closet for something else.

I posted it in the sell/trade section in SCN and ended up trading it for a Dave Winfield signed 1975 Topps.  It isn't authenticated but did come with a copy of the auction letter from JSA, for whatever that's worth.  The signature is a bit light and in ballpoint, which matches very closely to a couple I have on 1978 Topps cards, one of which is PSA slabbed.

I probably wouldn't have paid for this card to get signed, or even paid for a signed copy, but I'm happy to have it instead of the Reggie Bush picture that really didn't fit in my collection.

I was a little surprised that I didn't have any ttm returns today, but that's not too uncommon for a Tuesday for me, for whatever reason.  Are Tuesdays light mail days for anyone else?

The Twins are off to a disappointing start.  The starting pitching has been pretty good, but the bullpen has been shaky.  The offense has been very inconsistent.  With Sano off to a slow start, and Buxton already hurt, they are living up to their reputations so far.  I hope things improve, but at this point I'm hoping for a winning season and not much more.

I bought most of the 20220 Topps Heritage Twins cards that have been released so far.  There are already four players in the set that didn't start the season on our team including Donaldson, Astudillo, Simmons and Pineda.  I have low expectations of getting any of these signed, but I have them just in case the team bus breaks down in front of my house.

I didn't end up getting any Josh Donaldson autographs during his time in Minnesota, which is disappointing.  I have a bobblehead and a bunch of cards and would have liked a signed picture as well.  This is true of most players since the pandemic started, since TwinsFest is typically when I have the opportunity to get Twins' autographs.

1 comment:

Crocodile said...

Yep, I missed Twinsfest but don't really like it held at Target Field. I think you got the better deal landing the Winfield auto.