Saturday, April 02, 2022

Four TTM Returns and a Reggie Jackson Private Signing Return

After complaining about a quiet week yesterday, I received four ttm returns and a private signing return.

Last November, I sent a magazine to a promoter to have Reggie Jackson sign. The signing got delayed until March, so I just got it back today.  This promoter had some good pricing, and it was less of a formal signing and more of a consignment.  I had him sign a Sports Illustrated magazine from August of 1976.


I received a couple finished multi-signed card as well.  Ralph Garr signed his 1971 Topps already signed by Risk Kester, and Tom Metcalf signed his 1964 Topps already signed by Jake Gibbs. 


I included $5 with my request to Garr, and Metcalf answered some questions I had asked in my letter.  He appears to have a son that lives relatively close to me.

Jon Matlack signed his 1976, 1979 and 1983 Topps, as well as the 1978 Mets team card.  





Finally, Jerry Koosman signed his 1970 Topps World Series card, as well as his 1971, 1972 and 1972 "In Action" Topps cards.  Mr. Koosman's fee is $10 per card.  I have put off adding his 1972 Topps cards to my collection due to his fee as well as the fact that his cards are in the high number series, so it was a small investment to get these done.  He also answered a question I had in my letter.




1 comment:

Crocodile said...

I like that Reggie, and the Koosman's are nice too. I've met both and they were nice to speak with.