Saturday, April 09, 2022

Dennis Eckersley Return

I'm not sure why, but I forgot to post about my Dennis Eckersley return yesterday, just like I forgot to post my Dave Goltz return earlier this week.

Anyway, yesterday I received a 1976 Topps and a 2000 Fleer Greats of the Game signed nicely in just 11 days.

I sent him a request just a month earlier and that one came back in 24 days, postmarked from CA instead of the address I sent to in MA.  This time, I sent it to the address of his charitable foundation with a check ($20) instead of his home address and cash.

$10 is a bargain for this Hall of Famer, or any Hall of Famer.  I'm considering sending a couple more cards before this opportunity dries up.



I already had his 1976 rookie card signed over 10 years ago from a mail-in signing where I paid $55 for it as well as a 2008 Goudey.



I'm trying to think of what else to get signed. Maybe his 1985 and 1987 Topps, which are sets I'm just kind of working on.  Or I'll search for something a little more unusual.


No comments: