Monday, March 14, 2022

Three Returns to Start the Week - Osteen, Wathan and Wood

I haven't sent out too many requests lately, but I still have plenty outstanding.  I received three ttm returns today.

Clause Osteen signed his 1970 and 1975 Topps for me.  I have 15 cards signed by Mr. Osteen, with no duplicates.  I'm pretty sure I don't have all of his cards yet, so maybe I'll send out to him again in the future.


A few posts ago I was complaining that I wasn't getting any returns that had been outstanding for a long time.  Today, I received a return from John Wathan, who signed his 1977, 1978 and 1979 Topps for me in about 11 months.  I'm happy to get these back and add another 78 Topps to my set.



Finally, Jake Wood signed his 1962 Topps which has the Topps All Star Rookie trophy on it.  I've sent to Mr. Wood in the past, most recently in 2014.  He used to sign for free, but now charges $10 per card.  It looks like he started charging sometime in 2017.  I probably wouldn't have spent the $10 for more of his cards, but I'm focusing on the Topps All Star Rookie trophy cards and am happy to add this one to my collection.  


I certainly don't blame players for charging to sign cards, especially when you see them for sale on eBay or elsewhere, but as a collector, I have to prioritize the money I spend on the hobby.


No comments: