Wednesday, March 16, 2022

1958 Topps Jim Busby

I received a 1958 Topps signed by Jim Busby and authenticated by Beckett that I bought on eBay. 

I believe I have about 115 cards left in this set, including some team cards and multi-player cards, as well as the expensive ones like Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Sandy Koufax, and probably some lesser-known names that may have passed away shortly after these cards were released.

I don't expect to ever complete the set, but I'll add affordable cards when I can.  When I started on the set in 2003, I set a goal of having a card signed by every living player.  This was a joke a course, because I'd only need one card signed to meet the goal eventually.  I believe the only two living players that I don't currently have are Sandy Koufax and Willie Mays.  Mays appears on three cards.

No comments: