Tuesday, March 08, 2022

Ellie Rodriguez and Al Worthington Returns

Two more returns to keep the consecutive day streak alive for the week, even though it's only at two.

Ellie Rodriguez signed his 1971 Topps from his home in Puerto Rico.  I included $5 with my request.

And former-Twin and generous signer Al Worthington signed my 1958 Topps.  As he usually does, he enclosed a few signed religious pamphlets and articles.  On at least one previous occasion, he sent back so many extras that he used his own return envelope and postage.

My first request to Mr. Worthington was about 18 years ago, which is true for many of the players that have cards in the 1958 Topps set.  I went after it hard when I first started this hobby, sending out nearly 500 requests in just six months.  I haven't come anywhere close to that rate since.

No comments: