Monday, October 04, 2021

A Couple Failures and Q3 2021 Goals Update

The mystery surrounding the sase postmarked in Minneapolis came to a disappointing resolution today.  It was the card I sent to Tommy Watkins in care of the Twins at Target Field.  My sase was unsealed, but still contained my 2007 Topps '52, unsigned.  I suppose he or someone who works for him was cleaning up since they are done for the year.  I guess it's nice I at least got my card back.  

I wonder if I'll get my Morneau cards back.  I was hoping he'd be in a good mood after being inducted into the Twins Hall of Fame and sign a few, but nothing yet.

I also received a sad failure from Albie Pearson.  I had sent him a 1964 Topps Stand Up and $5, but I received a note back from his daughter that he is unable to sign due to health reasons.  I received my card, $5 and sase back, as she used her own envelope and stamp to return everything.

It's a few days past the end of the third quarter of the year, so I thought I'd see how I'm doing on my goals for the year.

Goal:  Add 10 cards to my 1965 set.

    Progress: I've added eight signed cards from the 65 set so far this year, exactly the same as last quarter.  I've ordered a couple cards from this set to send out but will have to make it a point to get this one done.

Goal: Add 25 cards to my 1971 set. 

    Progress: I'm at 67 so far, up from 49 cards last quarter.  It's getting harder to get any done that aren't expensive.  

Goal:  Add 15 cards to my 1972 set.

    Progress: I've added 19 cards to this set, up from 15 last quarter.

Goal: Add 50 cards to my 1978 set.

    Progress: So far I've added 57 cards to this set, up from 39 in the second quarter.  So this one is complete.

Goal: Add 5 signed baseballs to my collection.

    Progress:  I am at four.  I have an idea of who I want to send to.  I just need to do it now.

Goal:  Add 5 signed magazines to my collection.

    Progress: I've added four so far, but have one out to a mail-in signing so unless that falls through, this one will be done.

Goal: Send out 200 requests.

    Progress: I've sent out 293, my third-highest total ever, and still have three months to go.  I don't think I will surpass my second-highest total, which was 463, but I've met this goal.

In order to meet my goals, my to-do list is:

- Get two cards signed from the 1965 set

- Get one baseball signed

- Ensure my magazine gets signed, or send out another

This seems pretty easy to get done.

2 comments:

Jeff B - Wax Pack Wonders said...

I'm sending out to Wayne Schurr tomorrow. 65 Topps Cub and a reliable signer. Best of luck.

Droidtrader said...

Good luck! Mr. Schurr signed that card for me ttm back in 2004!