Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Dennis Ribant and Mike Shannon

Today I received a couple cards back from Dennis Ribant, who signed his 1966 and 1969 Topps.




I also received a return from Mike Shannon, who signed his 1965 Topps for me.

I've been working on this 1965 Topps from Mike Shannon for quite a while.  He's a pretty good signer in general, but not real consistent.  Just when I see people on SCN getting some returns, he seems to stop for a while.  

I first sent to him back in 2004.  I sent him a 1965 and 1970 Topps.  He signed the 1970 Topps, but didn't return the '65.  The 65 is one of the sets I'm working on and I had enclosed the 1970 card just because I had it.

For whatever reason, I didn't try sending to him again until 2011 when I saw him signing in care of his restaurant.  I never got that one back though.

I saw a few returns coming back a while ago, so I sent this one to the Cardinals team address since he is a radio broadcaster with them.  I'm happy to get this back as I  don't have too many cards left that I can add to my 65 set without a lot of expense.  Mr. Shannon signed this for no charge.



No comments: