Friday, April 09, 2021

Danny Breeden and Ervin Santana

Today I received one very quick ttm return, as well as a return form a private signing many months in the works.

Danny Breeden signed his 1969 and 1970 Topps in just 11 days.  The 1970 Topps was previously signed by Bernie Carbo.



Last fall, I sent in a few cards to a private signing with Ervin Santana.  I never got a chance to see him at TwinsFest while he was with the Twins so I had a few cards I wanted to get done.  Even though the price was very reasonable, I limited myself to just three cards.  The signing, which took place in the D.R., got postponed due to Covid and other reasons, and I just got the cards back now.  I chose to have him sign his 2015 Topps Heritage, 2016 Allen & Ginter, and 2019 Topps Heritage cards.




Part of the delay was my own fault.  I had used PirateShip to send the cards as well as to provide a return shipping label.  Since the signing was postponed, my return label expired, and I had to work with the promoter to send him another shipping label to get them back to me.  He was very patient with my situation.  I won't do that again though.  Now I use stamps only for return shipping, but use PirateShip to get the items to the promoter.

No comments: