Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Bobby Thomson Return and Julio Becquer Signing

Today I received a 1949 Bowman signed nicely by Bobby Thomson. I think I'm running low on other players to send to for that set.

I also received a postcard today from Tom Frantzen's in Mounds View about a Julio Becquer signing there this Saturday. I think my boys and I will head over and check it out. My older son got some hitting tips from Mr. Becquer at a Twins Clinic at the Dome a couple of years ago and had the opportunity to get his autograph afterwards.


I also read that Boof Bonser was released by the Twins today. Too bad, but he never really seemed to live up to the expectations people had for him. Hopefully he'll be successful somewhere else. Technically, the Twins "designated him for assignment". I'm not sure exactly what that means, but they had to make room for Pavano on the 40 man roster after he agreed to arbitration.

I ordered TwinsFest tickets today on the Twins website. Can't wait!

No comments: