I continue to be extremely impressed with the service at FanHQ, after receiving four bobbleheads back from their most recent Joe Mauer signing.
I spent a LOT of time labeling these bobbleheads with very specific instructions regarding signature location, ink color and authentication sticker placement. I cut small sticky notes to size and used additional tape to help keep the notes in place while packing up the bobblehead and cramming it back into its original plastic and styrofoam packaging and into the original box that it came in. I taped sticky notes on the brim of the caps/helmets and wrote, "sign on the side of the helmet" there so they couldn't assume I wanted them to sign there.
Anyway, my point is that FanHQ strictly followed all of my instructions and even kept all of the labeling in place for the return trip home. All of the Beckett Witnessed stickers were placed where I requested. A very sharp silver ink was used. I've requested the name the maker so I can buy a few for my own use!
One of my previous orders to a different promoter had the authentication sticker placed on the rear of the player's helmet, which is a common request. However, they HAD TO MOVE my sticky note that asked they put the auth sticker on the bottom of the bobble in order to put it there. Did they not read it? Did they read it and not care?
To keep this short story even longer, I believe I have just one more bobblehead (the Cretin H.S. version) to get signed to complete the five Joe Mauer bobblehead set that was given away during the 2019 season. Beyond that, I believe I will have Joe sign one of the early, vintage bobbleheads. I won't have any other players sign the same bobblehead, meaning I'll keep it to just one signature per bobblehead. But, I might have other players, probably limited to Hall of Famers, or fan favorite players like Kent Hrbek or Torii Hunter, sign one of the nine blue-base bobbles I have from the 1961-1962 set.





No comments:
Post a Comment