Friday, June 02, 2023

The Returns are Slowing Down

I haven't sent out many requests lately, so things are slowing down.  I have a handful of cards out to private signings that should trickle in this month though.

I have had a couple returns this week that I haven't posted yet.  Sam McDowell signed a couple 1973 Topps, a couple 1966 Topps leaders cards, and a 1967 Hill Aces card for his $5/per card fee.  I need to get a few of these cards off to Sonny Siebert next.





I received a 1966 Topps back signed by Tony Oliva from a private signing.  I paid $55 for this, which is tough to swallow considering I used to be able to get him for free around the Twin Cities at various promotional signings.  

The first time I got his autograph was in front of a seafood restaurant with my boys after we went to a Pat Neshek signing at one of the Twins' Pro Shops.  We weren't aware of Tony's signing, but others in the Neshek line were kind enough to clue us in.  The line for Tony was 3-4 people, and I got a great picture of him with my boys.  My boys are now 23 and 25, college graduates, one engaged and one married, and homeowners.  Hard to believe.


I received a ttm return from Bruce Howard, who signed his 1964, 1966 and 1967 Topps as well as a 1969 Topps Buy Back.  I'll send the 64 off to Frank Kreutzer next.




And finally, I received a ttm return from Buck Martinez, who signed his 1971 Topps, the 1971 and 1972 Topps Royals team cards, and a Brewers sticker from the 1980 Fleer (I think) set.  The 71 Topps was sent to replace another that he returned smeared, but this time the Fleer was smeared.




No comments: