Sunday, May 14, 2023

A Couple Days of Returns

I was out of town a couple of days and came back to five ttm returns.

In no particular order:

Ron Gardenhire signed his 1982 and 1985 Topps as well as the 2008 and 2013 Topps Heritage Twins team cards.  He also wrote a short reply to my letter.




Ryne Sandberg signed his 2022 Allen & Ginter.  The 2022 isn't my favorite Allen & Ginter set, but I thought I'd send out a few anyway.  I included $10 with my request.

Jim Perry signed his 1962 and 1975 Topps, as well as the 1961 and 1963 Indians team cards and the 1965 Twins team card.  I included his $5 per card fee, which he noted in a short reply to my letter that the money would go to charity.





Vern law signed his 1961 Pitching Leaders card.  I'm not sure why I sent this out.  I already have him and Ernie Broglio on another copy of this card.  I included $10 with my request, and he wrote a short note in reply to my letter.

Finally, Luis Tiant signed the 1973 ERA Leaders card for his $10 fee.  I will send this on to Steve Carlton next.

2 comments:

Crocodile said...

It is funny to see a young, Gardenhire with a mullet compared to the mgr most people remember.
His signature almost looks like Ron Coomer. Ryne Sandberg might have the most confusing auto ever.

Droidtrader said...

Yeah, Sandberg's seems to get messier as time goes on. I never noticed it before, but now that you mention it, Gardy's auto does look like Coomers!