Friday, April 21, 2023

Dick Stigman TTM and Some Purchases of 1959T and 2003T Twins

 I received a single return today from Dick Stigman.  I was getting a bit worried about this one because he lives about 30 miles from me and usually he is very quick to respond.  He still responded in just 13 days, but often it's a week or less.

In my Informed Delivery email today, I saw a sase postmarked from Fort Myers, FL.  I assumed it was another return from Twins spring training, but it turned out to be from Mr. Stigman.  Maybe he's moved, or maybe he's wintering in Florida, but that explains why the return took a bit longer, since it had to be forwarded to him from Minnesota.

He signed his 1961 and 1962 Topps as well as the 1963 and 1965 Twins team cards.




I bought a few 1959 Topps from a member on SCN.  I already have all these, but some are nicer than what I have, and at about $3 per card, I couldn't resist.








I was considering sending in some cards to a J. C. Romero signing, but I thought I'd see if the cards I wanted signed were available on eBay for less.  I came across his 2003 Topps signed for only $3, and then checked out the rest of the seller's items and saw that they had a lot of Twins from this set, so I bought them all.  One of them was $4, but all the rest were $3.  I've been wanting to work on this set (Twins only) and have sent out a couple in the last year or so, but this purchase really helps me make a lot of progress.  They are all nicely signed in blue sharpie too.  Some of my existing cards from this set are signed in black.  A couple of these cards were the very first ones I sent and received back when I started doing this back in 2003.  Of course, the remaining cards I need are David Ortiz, Torii Hunter, who has three cards in the set, Mauer, Morneau and Johan Santana.  So, finishing the set will be tough and expensive.  There is a David Ortiz signing coming up and it would cost me $299 to get this card signed.  No thanks!
















No comments: