Sunday, September 18, 2022

This Week's Returns

I was out of town this week and came home to a handful of returns including one failure.

Joe Jay returned my cards unsigned with no explanation as well as the $10 I had enclosed.  I'm having some issues getting into SCN right now, but it looked like he had been signing reliably until about a month ago when his requests started stacking up a bit.  Hopefully his health is good, and this was just an oversight.

Tony LaRussa signed his 2007 Allen & Ginter for me.  This one is pretty impressive considering he has been quite ill lately, and had a pacemaker implanted in Arizona recently.  This return was postmarked from AZ, so Mr. LaRussa was signing his fan mail even though he was going through these health issues.  I feel guilty having bothered him.  Hopefully, his fan mail provides a nice distraction for him.

Bill Mazeroski signed a couple 2008 Topps Heritage Relic cards for $10 each.


Former-Twin Juan Veintidos signed his 1975 Topps rookie card, already signed by Jim Kern.

Finally, Mike Garman signed his 1972 and 1973 rookie cards, as well as his 1979 Topps.  I'll send the 72 off to Cecil Cooper next.  I have this card signed only by Fisk and wanted to leave it that way but decided to have a completed copy of this card too.



No comments: