Friday, July 01, 2011

Update on 2011 Collecting Goals

The year is half over so it's time to update my progress on my 2011 collecting goals.
 
  1. Send out 250 requests through the mail - As of today I have sent out 151 requests this year.  Hitting 250 won't be a problem but I have to keep at it.
  2. Reach 300 signed 1972 Topps cards - I think I'm at about 280 or so.  I am going by the images files listed on my web site, but there are a few cards that have multiple signatures that I might be counting as separate cards.  I really need to get the actual cards out and count them.  300 signed cards by the end of the year is very achievable.
  3. Add 5 more signed bobbleheads to my 1987 Twins bobblehead collection.  So far I've added 4: George Frazier, Dan Schatzeder, Keith Atherton and Jeff Reardon.  I still need to add one more by the end of the year and will need to make it a priority to keep my eyes out for an opportunity.
  4. Finish the 10 possible John Wheeldon portraits (out of 12) -   I got Rich Reese back a while ago.  I need George Mitterwald and Ron Perranoski, and need to buy better copies of their portraits.  The ones I have are in pretty rough shape. Unfortunately, Harmon Killebrew passed away.

No comments: