Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bob Locker and Ernie Banks - And What's Up With Blyleven?

Another return and a purchase.  First, I bought a 1971 Topps Ernie Banks from Steve on SCN, who got me the Gates Brown card signed.


Also, Bob Locker signed his 1971 and 1972 Topps.



I keep checking the Twins web site to see if the TwinsFest schedule is out.  It's not.  But I noticed they changed the wording around Blyleven's autograph restrictions:

Bert Blyleven
  • Will sign only personalized items including flat items, baseballs (no sweet spot) and specialty items signed by multiple players (Homer Hankies, prints, programs, etc.)
  • No bats, jerseys or HOF inscriptions
I'm not real happy about this.  It's not very fan friendly.  A lot of people wrote about how he should be in the Hall of Fame and a lot of fans supported him.  Is this how he thanks them?  I'm sure his price will be $30 this year, like the other Hall of Famers.  For $30, I wouldn't expect that my item would have to be personalized.  It looks like Bert has signed a contract with MAB.  They are selling baseballs with his HOF inscription for $105!  Wow, Bert didn't waste any time cashing in on his Hall of Fame election. 

No comments: