Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Two More Hall of Famers for my 1972 Topps Set

The day after a postal holiday is usually a pretty good day for ttm returns, and today was no exception.

First, I got back a few items from some signings at Jim and Steve's.  Tony Perez signed a ball and a 1972 Topps.




And Billy Williams signed a 1972 Topps.


I also received a couple of ttm successes.  Willie Tasby signed a 1961 Topps for me.  Tasby has been a pretty tough autograph to get, but has been responding through the mail this year.  A fellow SCN member clued me in and helped me get this success.


Bill Melton signed a 1971, 1972, and 1973 Topps as well as his 1972 Topps In Action card.





This brings my 1972 set total to 64, or 16% of my goal of 400 signed cards.

I also received a couple of unsigned cards I bought on Ebay including a 1972 Topps Carlton Fisk (his rookie card), and a 1972 Topps Jim Kaat.


My older son received a 1958 Topps signed by Art Ditmar.


Unfortunately, I need to move my desk, computer, printer and scanner as we're starting work on remodeling our kitchen, and my desk is in the basement where they'll need to be doing a lot of plumbing work.  Hopefully I can get set up so I can still record my successes and send out more requests.

No comments: