Monday, April 27, 2009

Ozzie Smith Back Today


Today I got back two cards I sent to an AtommicSports signing for Ozzie Smith.

Of course, I got the 2008 Goudey signed, and also decided to have him sign his rookie card, a 1979 Topps. Check out the sideburns!


I'll have to take another look at the Goudey checklist to see who else I want to get. I passed on a Mike Schmidt signing at $50. I doubt I'll find it much cheaper, but I thought I had better uses for $50 at the time.

The only paid signing items I have left outstanding are the Jim Kaat bobblehead and 1965 Topps of Tommy John and Ryne Duren from the MLBPAA signing in March.

It's becoming clear that I will have very little time to send out requests based on my evening schedule with my kids. My goal of 365 mail requests this year is looking like it's going to be very tough.

No comments: