Wednesday, April 29, 2009

1965 World Series Program

Since I haven't been getting anything in the mail lately, I thought I'd share some items already in my collection. One of my favorite publications is the 1965 World Series program that was sold at Dodger stadium.

The cover has some great space-themed art with Twins and Dodgers players in Apollo-like capsules.

The inside of the program has a score card as well as pictures and short biographies of each player, coach and even the team ownership and management.

There are a lot of great ads too, including shoes, a paint store, and the Dodge Coronet.

These programs can be purchased on eBay for between $20 and $50 depending on condition.

I've considered getting the cover of this program signed by both Twins and Dodger players, but I prefer to get items signed that have the players pictures on them, so I think I'll keep this one the way it is.

No comments: