Friday, March 24, 2023

Harvey Kuenn 1954 Topps Purchase

The 1954 Topps set is one of my favorites.  The larger format, portrait with action shot, great background colors and facsimile signature make these cards very appealing.

The facsimile signature can get in the way of actual autographs, much in the same way as other sets such as 1971 Topps.  But this doesn't stop me from getting them signed.

According to SCN, there are about 12-15 players from the set still alive that are willing to sign ttm.  Roughly double that to get the number of players from the set still alive, regardless of their signing habits.  This is pretty depressing to me since this set has a roster which includes the generation of players I prefer to collect.  I have 112 unique signed cards from this set, with a few dupes.

I just received the Harvey Kuenn signed card from a fellow SCN member, authenticated and slabbed by PSA/DNA.


No comments: