Monday, May 17, 2021

Four Returns Today - Millan, Pascual, Schueler and Sorensen

Today was the biggest day at the mailbox I've had in a while.

Felix Millan signed his 1970 Topps All Star card, and well as his 1971 and 1973 Topps cards.  He has a very nice signature.




Camilo Pascual signed his 1964 Topps Stand Up for me, adding to my small collection of these cards.  I am considering having Mr. Pascual sign a ball for me as well, but I'll wait a while before sending that out.  He had an impressive career, including 5 All Star selections, as well as being a three-time AL strikeout, complete game, and shutout leader.  Mr. Pascual also signed my letter.


Ron Schueler signed his 1978 Topps.  I had sent Mr. Schueler three cards last year, including his 1978 Topps, but he only returned the other two cards.  I wanted to get his 1978 card for my set, so I just sent that card this time.


Finally, Lary Sorensen signed his 1978, 19790 and 1980 Topps, as well as his 1981 Donruss.  I have no idea how I came across a Lary Sorensen 1981 Donruss.  It may be the only 1981 Donruss card I own.  I'm also not sure how I came across it in my disorganized collection of unsigned cards.  Just a coincidence, I guess.





I've received a few unsigned cards from orders on Ebay and Sportlots.com, so I need to send out some requests.  I've done well on my goals this year so far, especially on the overall number of requests, but I want to keep the momentum going.

No comments: