Thursday, May 27, 2021

Craig Mitchell - 1976 and 1978 Topps

Craig Mitchell signed a couple cards for me and returned them in about 9 days.  The cards got a little beat up, probably on the return trip based on the looks of the return envelope.  They aren't torn or anything, but the upper left corners on each have some creasing and the cards don't lie flat anymore.

On his 1976 Topps, it looks like the only other reliable signer is George Throop is the only other reliable signer.  Jose Sosa passed away, and it looks like Steve Grilli hasn't had a success on SCN since 2018.  However, after a closer look, that was also the latest request.  After I have Throop sign it, I'll decide if it's worth the risk.

The 1978 Topps is already signed by Dennis Lamp.  Cardell Camper is deceased, but Roy Thomas is a pretty reliable signer.  He has a bit of a blacklog of requests going back to March, so as soon as I see some of those coming back, I'll send it on to him.


No comments: