Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Jim Willis - 1954 Topps

One return today.  Jim Willis signed his 1954 Topps for me.  I had asked a question in my letter and it was answered nicely in someone else's writing, but signed just as his card was signed.

So someone is helping him answer his mail and although it appears he may struggle a little to sign (he is almost 90 years old), he is still answering his fan mail.  It's returns like these that really make this hobby fun and I'm grateful that people like Mr. Willis are generous enough to take the time and effort to return my requests.


I'm getting ready for TwinsFest this weekend.  I was disappointed that Matt Lawton isn't on the schedule.  He was listed in the list of players that would be attended, so I bought a bobblehead and some magazines, and then he wasn't on the list for the final schedule.

There is a session on Friday evening that includes nine players and coaches from the 1987 World Series team.  My nephew and I are planning go to that one.

No surprises other than that.  The weather looks lie it should be okay.  Not the usual below-zero wind chills that usually seem to occur over this weekend.

1 comment:

zman40 said...

Sounds like I need to give Twinsfest a go sometime. Royals Fanfest is tomorrow and they haven't even listed which alums are going to be there yet. I am sure it will be the same guys that are there every single year, but it would still be nice to know.