Thursday, January 01, 2015

Final Results of 2014 Collecting Goals

I set my 2014 collecting goals a little low apparently.  They seemed reasonable based on how 2013 went.

Anyway, here's how I did:

Goal: Send out 75 requests through the mail.

Result: I sent out exactly 200.  Starting to collect the 1963 set really provided some motivation.

Goal: Add 2 autographs to my 1991 Twins World Series bobblehead collection

Result: I added Scott Leuis at TwinsFest back in January and Randy Bush at the All Star FanFest in July.

Goal: Add 5 other autographs on bobbleheads

Result: I exceeded this goal by adding 11 others in addition to the two from the 1991 set.  I added many of them at TwinsFest including Joe Mauer, Kent Hrbek, Josh Willingham, Ron Gardenhire, Dan Gladden and Bert Blyleven.  I added Randy Bush on his 1987 World Series bobblehead and Doug Mientkiewicz at the All Star FanFest.  I bought a Harmon Killebrew signed bobblehead and had two signed by Justin Morneau at a FanHQ signing.


I need to do a little planning for my 2015 goals.  Right now I'm planning on focusing on my existing sets, including 1958, 1961, 1963, 1965 and 1972 Topps.  If I focus solely on those, the TTM number will be down, but Ebay spending up.  I'm still thinking of doing the 1978 Topps set as well.  If I commit to that, I'll have a lot of TTM requests.

I want to do a few more bobbleheads this year, but I've got most of the ones I want signed already.  I'll probably get three or four signed at TwinsFest, but it will be tough beyond that.

1 comment:

Daniel Wilson said...

Wow! You crushed your 2014 goals! great job and good luck in 2015!