Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My TwinsFest Autographs - 2010 Topps Heritage

I got quite a few cards signed this year at TwinsFest.  29 to be exact.  I made good progress on some team sets even though it's a futile effort since I'll probably never get Mauer or Morneau to complete them.

Anyway, I got five different players to sign their 2010 Topps Heritage cards Friday night.  This set was my highest priority over other cards.  My wife was with us Friday night and got a couple signed for me as well.

I got Nick Blackburn, Scott Baker, Glen Perkins, Michael Cuddyer and Joe Nathan.



 

I started this set last spring when I saw Jason Kubel at a Best Buy in Maple Grove.






I also added a few more at the Twins Autograph Party in June when I got Delmon Young, Francisco Liriano and Denard Span.



I'm missing Mauer, Morneau, Punto, Cabrera, Gardenhire (not sure why I missed Gardy), Hardy and a few Mauer and Morneau specialty cards (All Star and MVP, etc).  I'll probably never get any of these except Gardy, but nine cards is the most I've ever gotten on a team set.

I really like the design of these cards, which are modeled after the 1961 Topps set.  I casually collect the 1961 set and have about 180 of them signed.



 The MVP and All Star cards are great.  Too bad I'll probably never get Morneau and Mauer on the new ones.

No comments: