Thursday, August 12, 2010

Torii Hunter Jersey

Last weekend I had some time to check out Cedar Cliff Collectibles and a few other "errands".  I was fortunate enough to find, and purchase, a Torii Hunter signed jersey.  It is MLB authenticated so I looked up the number and learned that it was signed at TwinsFest in 2004.  For only $80, I thought this was a real bargain, especially since I had some money I received for my birthday to pay for it.


I also went to Michael's and bought four shadow boxes that I use as jersey frames.  I have to frame my Morneau, Carew and now Hunter jerseys.  My son also needs his Carew jersey framed.  Michael's had these on sale, 40% off their normal $99.99 price, as well as an additional 25% off all displays, including sale prices, soI took the opportunity to stock up.  I also had some Michael's gift cards I received for my birthday to help pay for them. Here's a picture of my Joe Nathan jersey framed in one of these shadow boxes:


I also took some time to frame the signed pictures I got for my birthday.  I also get these frames and mats at Michael's.  They are very inexpensive.  The frames are sold in pairs for about $6, and the mats are about $3 or $4.


Danny Valencia and Carl Pavano are signing tomorrow at the Mall of America.  I think I'll take my wife "shopping" tomorrow.

No comments: