Friday, June 12, 2009

HOF Autographs Every Collector Should Have - Al Kaline

I finally sent out a couple of requests today. I sent a 1959 Topps to Duke Snider and the 1962 Topps Tribe Hill Trio card (already signed by Barry Latman and Jim Perry) to Dick Stigman.

I thought I'd start highlighting some autographs that I think new collectors should add to their collection right away. These are HOF players that sign with a high degree of success through the mail for a small fee or for free.

I've already written some posts about Duke Snider. He's the first request any collector should send. For a small fee ($5-$10) Mr. Snider will sign a card, ball, picture or magazine.

Another great HOF signer is Al Kaline. Mr. Kaline spent his entire career with the Tigers, 22 years, from 1953 to 1974. He was an 18-time All-Star, and Batting Champion in 1955. He was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1980, along with Duke Snider.


I have several autographs from Mr. Kaline in my collection. I have a 1964 Sports Illustrated that he signed for me about 5 years ago, a ball that he inscribed with his HOF year that I sent about 6 years ago, and several cards that I have sent over the years including a 1958 and 1965 Topps for my sets.


Always send to Mr. Kaline in care of the Detroit Tigers, not to his home address. He doesn't have a price list, but $5 per card, and $10 for balls and magazines seems to be successful.

No comments: