Tuesday, March 17, 2009

2009 Topps Heritage and TTM Returns

I was at Target today and saw that they had the 2009 Topps Heritage cards out, so I bought a box. These cards are styled after the 1960 Topps set. (A week ago I got an original 1960 Topps signed by Roy Face.)

I pulled a couple of Twins: Scott Baker and Glen Perkins. I really like these cards but I'm not ready to go after the entire set. I'll probably buy the Twins Team set and get them signed during the summer or next year at TwinsFest. The Heritage cards are great for autographs because they don't have a glossy finish and the signatures won't smear easily.

I also got a couple of returns today. Phil Roof signed his 1965 Topps for me. Marcelino Lopez is deceased and Rudy May doesn't appear to sign through the mail so this may be it for this card.

Roy Smalley Jr. signed his 1978 and 1985 Topps cards as well as the 1985 Topps Father/Son card. I'll send it off to Roy Sr. after I get the 1954 Topps I bought on eBay.

1 comment:

Mac Noland said...

I love Smalley's follow through on that swing. Hopefully your boys don't use that as a model of good form ;)