Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Dusty Baker, Carl Erskine and Tim McCarver

I was happy to get a Dusty Baker return today.  Immediately after putting his request in the mailbox, I came back home and read that he had been hired by the Astros.  I was afraid I'd miss him at the address I sent to since he'd be leaving for spring training shortly.  But in just six days, I got this return.




Carl Erskine signed his 1955 Bowman for me.  I didn't used to like these cards but they've grown on me.  A fellow collector on SCN was displaying some of his collection, which motivated me to get a few more of these signed.



Finally, I received two cards back from Tim McCarver, but they weren't the two cards I had sent.  I sent cards from sets I'm working on but the cards I received are from other years.  Beggars can't be choosers, but I included $20 with my request.  Maybe some day I'll try again.

No comments: