Saturday, January 20, 2018

Another Return After a Long Wait

After receiving a return from Jack Fisher after over 1000 days earlier this month, today I received another surprise in the mailbox.

Gene Alley signed his 1968 and 1972 Topps after 875 days.  The 1972 Topps is a little smudged, but not too bad.




It's fun to get these back after such a long time and after assuming they're never coming back.

This weekend is TwinsFest but I've decided not to go.  It's a lot of work and pretty exhausting, not to mention it can be expensive depending on how many autographs you get. 

The only autograph I will probably regret not getting is Jim Kaat.  I have a 1964 Western Oil print I"d like to have signed by him.  But it was announced that he's joined the Twins' organization as a special assistant or something, so maybe I'll have more chances coming up.

If you went to TwinsFest, please comment and let me know how it went.  I have missed my annual opportunity to say hi to Steve, Randy and Zane.

1 comment:

zaneaxtman said...

twinsfest was a great time again this year, crowds seemed to be down this year and many lines were empty towards the end of there time slots besides the "big" name ones, mauer and morneau for example a seen about 120 people didn't get through that one i kept an eye out for you