Monday, August 03, 2015

Robin Yount

Today I received two cards I had sent to Waukesha Sports to get signed by Robin Yount last weekend at the National Sports Collectors Convention in Chicago.

I haven't added a card to my 2008 Goudey retired players collection for over two years.  I'm happy to make this my 39th card in that set.


I also took the opportunity to get a 1978 Topps signed, assuming I'll start work on that set in earnest sometime soon.  This is also a card that stands out from my childhood, so it's cool to have it signed.


I think the card that stands out the most from my childhood is the 1978 Topps Butch Wynegar card. As a Twins fan, I was happy to pull this card from the packs I'd buy at Hunt's Silver Lake Drug in Rochester, Minnesota after church every Sunday.  That is, until I had about a dozen of them, and it seemed there was one in every pack.  It's one of the first cards I sent out to get signed once I discovered this hobby back in July of 2003.



No comments: