Sunday, July 20, 2014

My 2014 All Star FanFest Autographs

I got cards signed for my son in the Gaylord Perry and Juan Marichal lines, so my first autograph was Orlando Cepeda, who signed a 1961 Topps for me.


Then we went to the Randy Bush line, where my son helped me out.  I got both the 1987 and 1991 Twins World Series bobbleheads signed.  For the 1987 set, I am now down to Don Baylor and Les Straker as the only two I need to get signed (Puckett and Niekro are deceased).



Next, Doug Mientkiewicz signed his SGA bobblehead.  I've been hoping he'd be at TwinsFest the last few years, so I was happy to be able to get this one signed.




Finally, I had time to get through Jim Perry's line.  Actually, we had time to go through many times, but my son had already been through twice and we didn't have anything else for him to sign.

I had him sign a 1971 Twins program that I've had for a while and was also planning on getting signed at TwinsFest, but hadn't gotten around to it.


That's it for autographs.  We didn't get as many as we do during a day at TwinsFest, but that's because there was only one person signing at each station.  However, as there were many Hall of Famers, and the autographs were free after admission, it was a great way to add some autographs to our collections.

The event was very organized and there was plenty of room at the Minneapolis Convention Center, so it never really felt crowded.  It was a fun event and a nice mid-season way to get some autographs now that the Twins no longer have the Autograph Party.  Too bad this can't be in Minnesota every year.

No comments: