Friday, July 06, 2012

Update on 2012 Collecting Goals

 I can't believe the year is half over already.  I really haven't done any requests through the mail for the last few months so I've avoided updating my goals, but here it goes anyway:
  • Goal: Send out 150 requests through the mail.  Status: I've sent out 77 requests so far, just 7 since I updated my goals in early April!  The only cards I have to send out are ones that I already have signed, so I'll need to come up with a new project or two to get me going.
  • Goal: Get 3 more bobbleheads signed from the 1987 Twins set.  I only need Don Baylor, Randy Bush, Mark Davidson, Greg Gagne and Les Straker to complete the living players.  Status: I got Mark Davidson and Greg Gagne to sign their bobbleheads at the Minneapolis Sports Card and Autograph Convention.  Now I'm down to needing just Baylor, Bush and Straker.I haven't made any progress on this goal in the last three months.
  • Get 8 more bobbleheads signed from the 1991 Twins set.  Status: I've already surpassed this goal, having gotten 6 of them signed at TwinsFest, as well as three others.  It will get more difficult now as I've gotten the easy ones done.
  • Reach 400 signed 1972 Topps. I have 323 so far, so I'll need to add 77 more.  Status: I have 361 signed, so I've only added 38 so far.  This will be a tough one to reach.
  • Additional sets - Add 5 more 1958 Topps (not including team cards), 15 more 1961 Topps and  10 more 1965 Topps.  Status: I've added one 1958 Topps, 10 1961 Topps, and 2 1965 Topps.  I'll have to open my wallet to make much progress on these.  

My boys' baseball seasons are wrapping up so I hope to have some more time to send out requests and go to shows to buy cards.

No comments: